Monday, August 16, 2010

Mustard Prawns


I went to the V. Sattui winery in Napa this weekend and had the most delicious Mustard Prawns from their deli section. In my drunken state, I forgot to take note of the ingredients in the dish. A quick google search fixed that and I was able to replicate the dish almost exactly! I had this over orzo pasta and it was molto bene!
Adapted from this recipe

Mustard Prawns
36 raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
Boiling water
Salt to taste
1 lemon slice
2 sprigs parsley
1 bay leaf
5 sprigs of fresh thyme
2 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 cup olive oil

Place the shrimp in a saucepan and cover them with boiling water.
Add salt, lemon slice, parsley, bay leaf and thyme.
Bring to a boil and cook four to six minutes, depending on the size of the shrimp.
Drain and chill.
Place the mustard in a bowl and add lemon juice.
Beat with a wire whisk, adding the oil a little at a time.
Add salt to taste
Pour over the shrimp and marinate one or two hours.

Garden Update

After 3.5 months, all I got was 5 measly tomatoes. And only 2 were edible! Yes, I know the photo is upside down. No, I don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment